Knight Band Notes- 7th & 8th Grade Bands 5/7/19
“Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.” —William Shakespeare
Click here to view the “Last Minute Trip Tips” (that will be given out with Trip Shirts on Thursday during class)
Spring Trip Deadlines:
PAST DUE-Medical Release/Travel Form (pink)
PAST DUE-FINAL Trip Deposit & Chaperone Form (blue-optional)
PAST DUE-Medications to nurse (must be in original packaging)
Link to the Spring Trip Information: 2019 Spring Trip Packet
Please let us know if you signed up to Chaperone, but do not see your name below. Chaperone packets will be emailed soon!!
HELP!!! Parents if you are not attending the trip, and you would like to help, please consider helping our Percussion Coordinator, Mr. Jyring, unload instruments from the box truck here at Kelly Lane MS after the performance. He will be unloading in the back of KLMS sometime between 3pm-4pm(depending on when he returns from the Meyerson Symphony Center in Dallas). Please respond to this email if you are interested and we will give you more information.
1. Attention parents: we are on out way home with an ETA of 7:20pm. Please do not park in the red zone by the bandhall doors (that’s where the buses pull in)
2. The Awesome Knight Band continued the tradition (since the school opened) and bought home both the Superior rating trophy and once again won BEST IN CLASS!!! Way to go Knights!!
1. The trip has finally arrived! Click the link for the “Last Minute Tips” that we gave to the students in class today. Last Minute Schlitterbahn 2019
2. Reminder: After School Rehearsal (for those attending the trip) 3:45-5:30pm.
3. Students will receive their “trip shirts” at the end of this rehearsal. Students should be wearing this trip shirt and blue jeans when they arrive Saturday morning.
4. Don’t forget, Schlitterbahn does allow snacks/food into the park as long as there are no glass containers. We recommend (especially chaperones) that you bring food (it’s a long day). The students/chaperones will receive a meal band that includes hot dogs/chips, but we will be in the park for 8 hours. That’s a long time for only one meal.
5. Student drop off and pick up will be in the BACK of the school (band hall entrance).
- THE PERFORMANCE VENUE HAS CHANGED.
- We ARE performing at New Braunfels MIDDLE school.
4150 Klein Meadows, New Braunfels, TX 78130
- Go to New Braunfels Middle School.
- We are NOT performing at New Braunfels High School.
- DO NOT…GO TO NEW BRAUNFELS HIGH SCHOOL
Please tell everyone that was planning on attending!!!
7th and 8th Grader Six Flags Trip Packet went home today(Friday 4/12/19). Click here to view the packet.
2019 Six Flags Information.docx
Band Trip Statements will be distributed this Thursday (3/28/19). You can pay with cash, check (made out to Knight Band) or online: Band Store
The Wind Ensmble “Mini Big Event” scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday) has been postponed due to the impending weather. We are going to take a vote in class tomorrow on the ‘make up’ day (either March 26 or April 2, 4-6pm). We will not have Tuesday rehearsal tomorrow night.