Symphonic Winds Knight Band Notes-9.25.20
“Music expresses that which cannot be said, and on which it is impossible to be silent.” ― Victor Hugo (Author of, “The Hunchback of Notre-Dame and Les Miserables)
WE VALUE YOUR TIME! There are 2 DIFFERENT Knight Band Notes. Please read the version the pertains to your child’s placement next week (Virtual Learner OR Face-to-face Learner)
Lessons have begun, but it’s not too late. If you are still interested, please use the link below. Face to face learners will take their chromebook into a practice room to have the lesson online with the teacher. (Cell phones do not work well in the practice rooms so students that have been using Facetime will probably need to use Zoom on their chromebook).
We have only 3 SYNCHRONOUS days per week, therefore it is CRUCIAL for your student to attend our Zoom synchronous lessons. Students that attend band Zoom meetings learn and develop NEW concepts! Parents PLEASE make sure your child completes their attendance google form DURING their scheduled band class.
3rd Period (Symphonic Winds) is now 10:14am-11:07am.
Grades and Attendance
-Attendance will be taken DAILY via a GOOGLE FORM in Google Classroom.
-Major grades will be taken in the form of Charms Recordings (mark as done in GC)
-Minor grades will be taken in the form of Google Classroom Activities
Week of 9/28/20
Monday-Synchronous: Practice for Bugler’s Dream & Let’s Go Band!; ‘Mark as done’ FOR ATTENDANCE
Tuesday-Asynchronous: assignment due on Charms (MAJOR GRADE); ‘Mark as done’ FOR ATTENDANCE
Wednesday-Synchronous: Rehearsal; ‘Mark as done’ FOR ATTENDANCE
Thursday-Synchronous-Rehearsal; ‘Mark as done’ FOR ATTENDANCE
Friday-Asynchronous-Hispanic Heritage Month Music Activity on GC (Bachata); ‘Mark as done’ FOR ATTENDANCE
(also see how to set up ‘Smart Music’ below)
FACE TO FACE LEARNING
-Students should be taking their instruments home most days to practice!
Week of 9/28/20
Monday-Synchronous: Practice for Bugler’s Dream & Chant For Percussion!
Tuesday-Asynchronous: may pass off live or record on Charms (MAJOR GRADE)
Friday-Asynchronous-Hispanic Heritage Month Music Activity on GC (Bachata); ‘Mark as done’ (will be completed in class on the student chromebook)
SETTING UP SMART MUSIC
- On a browser, access: https://admin.smartmusic.com/join
- Use your school email to set up (email@example.com)
- Type in class code: CXFWZ-C4E3P
- Click ‘Find your Class’
- Click ‘Join this Class’
- (Next screen) Country= United States of America
- Time Zone: (-06:00) America/Chicago
- Are you at least 13 years old: Say ‘Yes’
- First Name
- Last Name
- Back up email (optional: use parent’s)
- User Name (firstname.lastname)
- Password (use charms password)
- Primary instrument (instrument they play)
- Secondary instrument (any you’d like, not required)
- Click ‘I have read…’
- Activation Email will be sent to school email
- Access school email
- Open email from Team@makemusic.com
- Click ‘Confirm your email’
- You will only have access to FREE music until a band director ‘turns on’ Premium Access.
Please contact a band director at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions/comments/concerns.