Knight Band Notes- Beginner Band 11/18/19
UPDATE TO CALENDAR! The rehearsal on NOVEMBER 21 (THURSDAY) will be DURING school (6th & 7th periods; 1:51pm-3:35pm). The rehearsal will NOT be after school! There is no other change to the rest of the calendar as of yet.
Next Skill Test Party, December 6 (Level 3 in the skill test packet)
Skill Test Pass Offs FAQ:
- Encourage your student to begin working on level three now. Don’t wait until the day before the deadline!
- Students will have the opportunity to pass one skill test a week during class.
- Students can record using Charms (www.charmsoffice.com or download the app Charms Blue): School Code: klmsband. Password: student ID (no letters). Charms How To
- Email recordings to: firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to include your name and what you are playing)
- Students that do not have access to record at home can come before or after school and check out a band iPad to record in one of our practice rooms.
- Students can stay after school to pass off live with a band director on “Beginner Band Days” This week it is Monday (11/18) & Tuesday (11/19) from 3:45-4:30pm.
- Students MUST have an audible metronome in the recording.
Students will need their Essential Elements Book to do their skill tests. If your child has not purchased it yet, you can get it on our webstore (Beginner Band Book) or any other music vendor (even Amazon!). We also have some used books available for $4.00.
*Next Week’s Lessons
Here are some things that students will be learning in beginner band class next week:
- We will continue working on the fun pieces from the packet that was passed out a couple of weeks ago in preparation for the winter concert in December!
- We are moving into eighth notes! (Warm Ups #2)
- Continue teaching the skills involved in passing the KLMS Band Skill Test Packet. Level 1, 2, and 3.
November 21(Thursday): DURING School Rehearsal(REQUIRED)
November 22(Wednesday): Mr. Sneed’s Birthday
December 3(Tuesday): After School Rehearsal(REQUIRED); 3:45pm-5:30pm
December 6(Friday): Level 3 Party; 3:45pm-5:30pm
December 9(Monday): After School Rehearsal(REQUIRED); 3:45pm-5:30pm
December 11(Wednesday): Winter Concert; Hendrickson HS PAC; 6:00pm call time; 6:30pm start time
Fundraiser Money PAST Due (Tuesday, October 15th)
We will be reaching out to you soon if your fundraiser account has not been cleared.
Money was due: Tuesday, October 15th. Cash or checks made payable to KLMS Band. Please put your student’s name on each check as well as on the envelope.
If you would like to check your fundraiser balance, please log in to Charms (if you have trouble logging in, please email email@example.com). Charms How To
Prizes will be distributed after the student accounts are clear.