Knight Band Notes – Beginner Band 5/28/19
Thank you parents and students for a GREAT 2018-2019!! We are looking forward to see what 2019-2020 brings!
Farewell 8th Graders! Thank you for all you have done this year! Have a great journey into the next chapter as you “soar with the Hawks!” We’ll be watching!!
End of the Year Procedure:
- No instruments this week!
- PfISD Band Camp! There will be a Pflugerville ISD Middle School Band Camp! June 3-6. Register Here! (This camp is for students that will be in the 7th or 8th grade for the 2019-2020 school year)
- Band lockers must be completely cleaned out by the end of the school day on Tuesday. After that, all items will be removed and either recycled or thrown out.
- All school owned instruments should have already been turned in. Woodwind instrument inspection is THIS Monday. If your child has a school owned (flute, oboe, bassoon, clarinet, bass clarinet, contrabass clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, or baritone saxophone), please return them by Monday 10am (band directors will be in the band hall) so they can be inspected by the music store.
- If your child plays a school owned instrument and would like to check it out over the summer, let a band director know. There is a $20 summer fee (that can be paid online, or by check or by cash). Please provide the serial number of the instrument.
- Band Placements. Soon to be 7th & 8th grade students will receive their band placements on Wednesday.
- Summer practice! It IS okay for your child to practice over the summer! 🙂
- Private lessons. Most private lesson teachers will be offering lessons over the summer. Contact your child’s lesson teacher for more information. If your child did not take lessons this year, or their teacher is not teaching over the summer, contact a band director and they will help you find a lesson teacher.
- Summer Band session. All returning 7th & 8th graders will attend a short summer band session Aug. 5-8 6:30pm-8:00pm each night.
- Other Summer Camps: Visit our ‘Band Camp’ information page for more summer camps throughout the state!